Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Those Dreaded Words


Yesterday, I got a phone call at work from Karen at Sophie's daycare with those dreaded words, "We have a problem....". Yip, every parent dreads those words. Karen informed me that they were having problems keeping Sophie awake at school and that she was running a fever of 101. Oh...and she was vomiting. LOVELY! Quickly I contacted my family to go and rescue her. While they were enroute to the daycare I contacted the pediatrician on-call. They agreed to see her and good thing because her fever had shot up to 104 degrees. The diagnosis......a double ear infection. The doctor sent my parents home with a heavy-duty antibiotic and recommened lots of Tylenol and Motrin. Hopefully we got the medicine in time so that she can have a holly jolly Christmas! I will keep you posted.

1 comment: