Friday, October 23, 2009

10 Years Ago Today......

It has been 10 years since Todd and I said "I do!" I can't get over how time has gone by so fast, however, I still remember our wedding like it was yesterday! Taking a trip down memory lane on that day just brings a smile to my face. Our wedding had so many funny memorable moments like our mother's lighting every candle at the front of the church. They were so nervous they would have lit anything on fire that day. The only problem was that they lit our Unity Candle too. While the congregation watched me walk down the isle, our minister turned to put out the flame on the Unity Candle by licking his fingers so that the candle wouldn't smoke. That was a good thought, HOWEVER, when Todd and I went to light the Unity Candle it wouldn't light. While the singers were singing their song Todd and I tried frantically to light the candle and finally near the very end of the song the candle lights with a gigantic roar of applause from the audience. Another funny moment was after the reception. Todd went to get the car so that we could go home and get ready to leave for our Honeymoon. I didn't bring clothes to change into for the car ride home so I just wore my wedding dress home. As I waited for Todd outside the Paramount Theater, the Theater lets out and all these people walk out to go to their cars while staring at me in my wedding gown with no groom in sight. Oh the comments that were made. It was lovely!!

Anyways, our wedding was very special. I married the man of my dreams and now have 2 wonderful daughters that I wouldn't trade for the world. I still get chills when I think of Todd standing at the front of the church as I walked down the isle. It was one of the best days of my life!! To all of you that were a part of it....thank you. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment